Saturday, January 17, 2009

Why are we all so attached to our Stethoscopes?


I recently lost an old stethoscope and found myself a bit sad. Interesting feeling to have about something old and outdated, but none-the-less, I found myself looking feverishly around the hospital for this stethoscope which I had since medical school. I think that might have been it, having it so long, I guess I was attached to it and that is why I felt like I lost something of value. There are better ones out now and most likely I need to update anyway.


We have to learn to let go of thing that we lose. No sense it being sad about something that is lost, I had come to that realization…


I found it the next day and it felt great!


1 comment:

  1. I am very happy to see your blog, very good article and interesting,

    Each year, cardiac complications and diseased occur within 30 days after major noncardiac surgery in more than 10 million people worldwide.

    Today, however, the tether is fraying. How can we use technology to bring
    cardiolist Email List closer to patients rather than making them more remote?

    Small tips to avoid heart attack

    • Take responsibility for your health. ...
    • Know your risks. ...
    • Don't smoke or expose yourself to second-hand smoke. ...
    • Maintain a healthy blood pressure. ...
    • Monitor your cholesterol (blood lipids). ...
    • Limit your calories. ...
    • Make exercise a daily habit. ...
    • Pick your pills wisely.

    ReplyDelete